ADVANCE® Maize silage additive
It’s possible to get more milk out of your own maize. Adding ADVANCE Maize silage additive to your maize retains more quality, resulting in better milk yields from your own forage.
Maize silage additive
ADVANCE silage additive contains four components:
- The stimulant causes the release of sugars in the silage. This is the food supply for the lactic acid bacteria.
- The lactic acid bacteria quickly stabilise the silage and lower the pH. This reduces your silage losses
• Pediococcus becomes active immediately
• Lactobacillus plantarum completes the reduction in pH
- Enzymes make the silage more digestible and therefore improve its forage efficiency. Feeding trials have shown that cows produce more milk when ADVANCE is used. When the trial ended, it was clear that the milk yield would immediately drop by 1-2 litres.
- Lactobacillus brevis keeps your clamp stable and cold when it is opened. This acetic acid bacterium becomes active as soon as oxygen enters the clamp. It inhibits heating, so there is more usable crude protein.
Four key strengths of ADVANCE Maize silage additive
- 4% more maize
- Inhibits heating
- Higher nutritional values
- Better forage efficiency due to the addition of enzymes