GrainSaver silage additive
GrainSaver is an acidifier for conserving silage and TMR. It is a liquid containing buffered propionic acid as the main ingredient and is “gentle” in use. GrainSaver also contains ammonium propionate and benzoic acid for maximum inhibition of heating.
In addition, GrainSaver can be used as a heating inhibitor when crushing maize, cereals and CCM. This minimises the risk of heating, and therefore loss of yield, in the pipe.
Benefits of GrainSaver silage additive
- Direct effect
- Heating and mould inhibitor
- Reduces feed losses
- Increases palatability
Dosing of GrainSaver silage additive
- 16-25% – 5 litres/tonne grain
- 25-35% – 7 litres/tonne grain
- 30-35% – 7 litres/tonne maize
- 35-45% – 5 litres/tonne maize
Pack size – GrainSaver silage additive
- 208 litre barrel (4 barrels/pallet)
- 926 litre IBC